Why do I need a Responsive Website?
A responsive website is one which offers a premium viewing experience along with the ease of reading and navigating. A responsive website has minimum resizing and scrolling, panning across the all devices from desktops to smartphones. With a bigger and faster acceptance of smartphones and tablets, having a mobile-friendly website has become crucial in today’s world. Therefore, when it now comes to web design, the need for a responsive website is of great importance.
The main task of a web designer today, is that while designing a responsive website they need to create coding and the layout of the website in such a way that every function, like the audio/video player, texts, and images will re-adjust themselves across various devices. A common thought pattern is that a responsive website costs more than an ordinary website, however in the long run, investing in a responsive website will fetch you much better results. Better results mean more profit for you.
“Day by day, the number of devices, platforms, and browsers that need to work with your site grows. Responsive web design represents a fundamental shift in how we’ll build websites for the decade to come.” – quoted by Jeffrey Veen.
Let’s look at the benefits of having a responsive website:
• Enhanced flexibility:
A responsive website is made up of web content that will re-adjust itself across all devices and at different resolutions. All the grids, images and content will freely move across the screen just like water that spreads out to fill the allocated space.
A user-friendly experience is paramount. People need to be able to use any website with any device. This enables users to look up content of any topic of choice, at any given time, from wherever they are. This is why the whole approach of a responsive website is to provide an optimal experience to the end user.
Having a single website that is suitable for all devices across the board is the best option, rather than having two different websites. Also, a responsive website increases SEO efforts by driving more traffic to your website, no matter what device people are using at the time.
• Easily manageable:
If you do have separate websites made for desktops and mobile devices, then you need separate SEO campaigns. Whereas, with a responsive website design you only need to manage a single site with a single SEO campaign This is a far easier option.
• Recommended by Google:
Google recommends that creating a responsive website is one of the best industry practices. These websites have one URL and the same HTML no matter what device is being used. It also makes it more efficient for Google to index and organise the content.
Current market research shows that there has been a great increase in the number of mobile internet users in recent years. It is also expected to grow to such an extent that it will take over from the number of desktop users. As we have already explored, in today’s digital world it is beneficial to have a mobile responsive website design. This offers a better user experience and makes your website easily accessible when integrating touch screens and other navigation aids.
Let’s look at why you should have a responsive website:
- Nowadays, much more of the website traffic comes from mobile devices. This indicates the rise in the number of mobile internet users.
- This also means that more online shopping using smartphones and other mobile devices is on a rise, therefore the need for a responsive website is higher in demand.
- With the increasing social media influence on mobile devices, you get more visitors when you share the links on your website.
- The responsive website improves the SEO rankings of your website. This is because they perform better with single URL and HTML.
- Responsive website designs adapt well to all sizes of different devices, so all users can view all the important content of your website at any time. More users will most likely increase your sales which will lead to an increased return-on-investment.
- The most important reason for having a responsive website is that it will help to support newer devices and screens in the future.
Today, people like to experience digital content on a different spectrum and a responsive website offers this. Additionally, every website reaps the benefits from a display that works efficiently across all device screens. This is why it now becomes important to prioritise a responsive web design feature for your website.
When you want to upgrade your website to become more responsive. NBAYS are the one-stop-shop for all your website and digital solutions.