E-commerce Web Developer
What does an E-commerce Web Developer Do and why should I find one?
An e-commerce web developer is in high demand these days. This is because online shopping has become more and more common with the growth of e-commerce websites. If you are an e-commerce business owner, you will understand the importance of conversions, and for that you need a web design that can direct more traffic to your business website. An e-commerce web developer is one who helps you to reach out to your target audience by offering you an end-to-end and cost-effective e-commerce solution, without compromising on the quality. A professional e-commerce web developer knows how to generate greater profitability from your business website with quality content and other web development tools.
While looking for an e-commerce web developer for your business, it is necessary to think about these few important points listed below:
- Strong Portfolio: A good and an efficient e-commerce web developer with more than one e-commerce website in their portfolio, indicates a strong base of e-commerce knowledge. They will always remain up to date with the current trends and technologies, which they properly utilise while developing website for their clients’.
- Knowledge of Content Management System (CMS): An e-commerce web developer possesses a good sound knowledge in developing CMS’s for your online store. It is always preferable to choose an e-commerce web developer who already has experience in designing your type of platform or CMS. If you’re not sure about what CMS is best suited for your business, it’s always a good idea to seek the advice from your e-commerce web developer.
- Payment component: One of the most important features of an e-commerce website is that the online customer order payments are secure. They should be directed to your business’ bank account safely through your store’s CMS. An e-commerce web developer knows how to make sure the payment experience is effortless and safe for the user.
- Responsive websites: Your e-commerce web developer will focus on creating a responsive website for your online store. A responsive website enables the users to access the store on any device, at any time, hassle free. This in turn attracts more online traffic to your site.
- Live-support: Another task for your e-commerce web developer is to keep in touch with you, or the person responsible for making such decisions for your business. They will provide you with support and keep you up to date with various development processes.
- Fast loading time: An e-commerce web developer is well aware of the fact that users’ may not be interested in a web page that takes more than 3 seconds to load. They will therefore create a website for you with a faster loading time.
- SEO content: A good e-commerce web developer will be able to create SEO friendly content for your website. SEO, Search Engine Optimization, is important as it will help to rank your website higher in the search results. The higher you rank, the more likely it is that you will get more traffic to your site.
- Meeting Deadlines: By hiring a professional e-commerce web developer, you can be assured of receiving a cost-effective, premium quality website all within the set timeframe.
With an increase in the number of internet users, the need for e-commerce websites is on the rise for the retailers across the world. Some of the benefits of having an e-commerce website are as follows:
- Lower operational cost: Having an online store has fewer overheads compared to a physical store. An e-commerce website needs less money invested in it, however it offers you greater visibility to customers worldwide.
- Increased customer base: Having an e-commerce website with the right SEO practices can reach out to millions of people, giving your business the potential to grow a larger customer base.
- 24/7 support: The online stores are open 24/7 and offer customer support around-the-clock. Customer’s like the feeling of support and this feature can end up driving more people to your website.
- Product choice: An e-commerce website offers a greater range of products at less cost compared to the market price. This makes it easier for users to shop for their products without leaving the house.
- The future: E-commerce is the way of the future. For longevity in the marketplace, it’s a good idea to keep up with technology and provide the online shopping facility to your customers.
As quoted by Yasuhiro Fukushima, “In the future, instead of buying bananas in a grocery store, you could go pick them off a tree in a virtual jungle.”